You’re a conscious entrepreneur (or you’re hoping to be). Maybe you’re longing for more freedom, creativity or passion in your life. Perhaps you want to make a difference for the future of our world. Or you’re like me and want all of the above. Whatever your vision of the future may be, the question is – are you aligned with that vision?
Here are a three things you can do to align yourself with your vision, to get there quicker.
1. Get clear on your vision
So, you may have your goals written out and splattered loud and clear on your walls. Or you’re like most of us who perhaps had them written down somewhere a couple of years ago, maybe.
The first thing you need to do to start moving towards your goals is to become clear about what they are.
So, take a journal and start writing. Feel free to use the following points as prompts.
- What does success look like for you?
- What is the vision behind the feelings you have for the future?
- Define those wildest dreams of yours (don’t be shy – allow yourself to go there, it’s OK!)
If you’re able to, narrow your writing down to a short paragraph, a vision statement for your life.
2. Examine your beliefs and clear your sabotages
Now, that vision may feel exciting and it may scare you. There may be a lot of things from your past experiences or conditioning that tell you that you don’t deserve that vision. Maybe you’re frustrated that you haven’t reached it yet. Or when you really think about it, you don’t believe it’s for you.
In order to reach your vision, you have to take full responsibility for your own wellbeing and personal growth moving forward.
So, take the bull by its horns and examine your beliefs and underlying sabotages.
- What do you believe around the vision you’ve written down?
- What memories arise as you think about yourself and your vision statement?
- Define what may be holding you back. Is it a belief about yourself or a memory? Is it fear?
Being aware of your beliefs and sabotages is the first step in healing and changing them. It’s time for you to rewrite the stories you tell yourself, to change your beliefs around your own capacity.
If you stay stuck with your old belief systems, your mind will constantly tell you that your vision is not possible. You will hold yourself back from taking consistent, intentional and aligned action towards your vision.
As you forgive and heal the limiting beliefs that have held you back, you can begin moving forward without dragging a heavy backpack that’s keeping you put in your comfort zone.
3. Get aligned with your vision
Now, this is the fun part. Do things every day to ground yourself in your vision for the future. As you begin to BE the person you envision in the future, things will begin changing dramatically.
Here are a few things you can do to ground yourself in you vision.
- Take a few minutes to visualize your future self.
- Put a vision board together and use it as your computer home screen or put it up on your wall.
- Write down your goals or vision in your journal.
- Write down the things you can do TODAY to start being the person you see in the future.
The paradox is that when you’re grounded in your vision, you can be in the present with gratitude – because you know you’re on the right path.
As you take your daily actions – aligned with your vision – you’ll see amazing progress towards your future self, perhaps quicker than you had imagined.
In the comments section below, please share what helps you stay grounded in your vision for the future!